Though every woman has a certain smell to her vagina. If you feel the smell is offensive, from the onsets, or warrants a trip to the doctor – the following tips can help to eliminate vaginal odor and keep it from returning.
1. Eating plenty of plain yogurt is found to be effective. Make sure that this is organic, unflavored yogurt, especially the non-sugary type. Yogurt is rich in lactobacillus, which helps to restore the normal vaginal pH level, helping to prevent the condition from recurring.
2. Apple cider vinegar helps restore the acidic quality of the vaginal flora and fights off the toxins that cause infection. Simply indulge in a long bath with two to three cups of this natural antibacterial agent in your bathing water to achieve quick results.
3. Garlic is one of nature’s most powerful antibiotics. Inserting a clove of garlic into your v*gina and retaining it for a couple of hours can alleviate the bad vaginal odor to a large extent.
4. Pour half cup of vinegar and half cup of salt into a bathtub and soak several times a week. This will help to balance the vaginal pH.
Avoid douching. Instead, wash with warm water and mild soap. You may find a hand held shower attachment can help you to feel cleaner. Be sure to wash the l*bi*a and inner folds of the v*gina as well.
5. Wear cotton panties and loose fitting clothes. Tight jeans and fabrics that don’t allow your v*gina to breathe can result in vaginal sweating, causing bacteria build-up, an eventually will cause an odor.
6. Always wipe front to back after bowel movements to avoid spread of rectal bacteria.
7. Changing pads, tampons, and pantie-liners frequently.
8. Changing underwear daily.
9. Avoid using scented product, harsh laundry detergents, or feminine products designed to ‘freshen’ the vagina.