THE VITAMIN D OF FOLLOWING JESUS
I’m D-termined to make the 50s my best decade yet. Not to make me better, but to be so emptied out of self that the Spirit has free reign and rein (supreme control) to work in and through me.
I want to be so filled with Him that I’m not:
- Preoccupied and sidetracked in a way that diverts me from God’s best life for me.
- Troubled and bothered by the concerns and worries that destroy peace.
- Discouraged and dejected by the sad and depressing elements of life.
- Deviating from the normal standard of daily living.
- Disturbed by the upsets that interrupt order, which deliver chaos.
I want to be so filled with Him that I’m:
- Keeping close control on dreadful habits, to stay on focus for God’s desires in my life.
- Rather than determined to get and do what benefits self, devoted to serving the Savior.
- Deferring to the direction of the Lord to lead my steps.
- Continued development in spiritual formation, following the mentorship of Bible teachers.
- In all this, to increase in joy, desperate to see the blessings even in the midst of devastation.
When we delete the unhealthy D-stractions and add in the healthy Vitamin Ds, we are equipped to follow after Him and make Him known. BIG glory for Jesus, little steps of obedience for me. Not in a way that feels pressured or coerced, but serving Him and others out of the sheer joy of it all.
Dr. Lydia Floren calls it the life of following. I want to dedicate my life to following the only one worth giving my life in pursuit of following Him.
Want to join me? Take your Vitamin D!
-By Kathy Carlton Willis-mypurposenow.org